KPMG Cyprus will hold the 2nd Marathon for the development of applications on innovative technologies in the field of technologies that disrupt the Insurance industry, on 18 – 20 January 2019 at KPMG premises (Esperidon 14, Nicosia). Crowdhackathon cy #insurtech 2 is coordinated with the technological and operational support of the innovation company Crowdpolicy.
Crowdhackathon cy #insurtech 2, will focus on the creation of innovative applications (Minimum Viable Products – MVP) in the wider insurance sector (#insurtech). KPMG in Cyprus is putting together a hackathon to develop and showcase new tech solutions and create startup opportunities, synergies and partnerships within the insurance industry.
The Objectives of crowdhackathon cy #insurtech 2
- Create preconditions of youth entrepreneurship: through competition, new groups or startup companies are born, which in the future contribute effectively to local economy
- Utilize knowledge and expertise of programmers, new businesses, groups and executives, in order to create innovative applications for the industry
- Design and promote novel applications and business models in the following domains:
- Applications aiming to assist innovative entrepreneurship in the insurance sector – promotion of entrepreneurship and startups in the sector of #insurtech (e.g.: aggregators, p2p & on demand insurance, marketplaces, claims management, analytics etc)
- Innovation through the creation of new products and services – Insurance innovation through the use of emerging technologies and trends (e.g.: blockchain, crowdsourcing, chatbots, p2p insurance, Internet of things, big data analysis tools, API economy, robo advisors, open hardware etc.)
- Applications, procedures and partnership models which boost enterprises’ services and infrastructure (#insurtech & digital transformation)
- Applications promoting Social Innovation and Social Solidarity.
Participation is FREE; there is a limited number of slots per role; participation is on a first come-first served basis.
Benefits for Participants – contestants
- Acquiring skills that will help you correctly design and transform ideas that solve real-life problems into apps.
- Preparation in time-pressure conditions with the guidance of mentors with significant market experience.
- Networking of young developers and participants with experienced business executives, professionals of the insurance sector and entrepreneurs.
- Comprehension of the overall business culture and ecosystem through the utilization of information from the insurance sector which holds a key position in the market.
- 1st place 3000 €
- 2nd place 2000 €
- 3rd place 1000 €
we will also be running a 2 month tech lab on insurtech with office sessions for winning teams and the community to develop their ideas!
Work with awesome people, win money and found your startup at the same time!
More information about the web site, technical specification will be soon available!!
Stay tuned for news & updates at https://www.facebook.com/cyinsurtech/
Contact: [email protected]