On 23 and 24 April, 2016 the two-day innovation competition NBG i-bank #fintech crowdhackathon will be held, the topic of which will be the development of applications (Minimum Viable Products – MVP) and the operational innovation in the technologies of financial transactions (#fintech).
The NBG i-bank #fintech crowdhackathon will be held in the framework of the Crowdhackathon competitions (www.crowdhackathon.com), an initiative of the innovation company Crowdpolicy (www.crowdpolicy.com), together with the Hub of Innovation and Entrepreneurship Technopolis City of Athens – INNOVATHENS (www.innovathens.gr), with the support of the National Bank of Greece (www.nbg.gr).
We invite young entrepreneurs, developers, analysts, designers, communication, marketing and customer service executives, business consultants, professionals, executives of the financial sector, students and anyone interested to participate in the NBG i-bank #fintech crowdhackathon and actively contribute to the development of applications that promote innovative youth and social entrepreneurship and the economy.
The contestants will be in groups so that they are able to develop their application on a Minimum Viable Product – MVP level or/and operational solutions for the fintech sector in approximately 36 hours.
Goals of the event
- To develop innovative and useful applications, as well as business models producing value for the users and the businesses that are to utilize them, in the broader field of financial technologies (fintech – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_technology) and specifically in the following sectors:
- Cashless Banking (blockchain, wearables, tokenization etc.),
- Εveryday banking (open API, Loyalty, PFM etc.),
- Crowdbanking (Social Banking, Donation, Crowdlending, Crowdfunding etc.)
- Smart Banking (open API for Smart TV/Smart Watch etc.).
- To encourage young and dynamic people’s interest in creating products and services in a participatory and collaborative way for the benefit of the economy and the consumers.
- To create appropriate conditions under which youth entrepreneurship can be developed, since the competition could result in a new group or startup company that will contribute to the economy of our country in the future.
- To help the contestants acquire skills that will help them to properly design an idea that solves a real problem and turn it into an application, under a strict time frame and guided by experienced mentors from the market.
- To help young developers and entrepreneurs network with experienced executives of businesses and professionals of the field.
Participation is FREE of charge, there is a specific number of posts per role and the model “first come first served” will apply.
The National Bank of Greece will offer cash prizes to the first three (3) groups as follows:
1st prize: 1,500 euros
2nd prize: 1,000 euros
3d prize: 500 euros
The National Bank of Greece will offer professional cooperations up to 20,000 euros in total, among the 3 first winners, by choice of the Bank.
Place and date of the event
Hub of Innovation and Entrepreneurship Technopolis City of Athens – INNOVATHENS www.innovathens.gr (map).
Saturday, 23 April and Sunday, 24 April 2016.
- Registrations: They have already begun on http://crowdhackathon.com/fintech/ . The registrations will close once the number of posts is met, or otherwise they will close at noon on Thursday, April 21, 2016.
- Announcement of the competition specifications and consultation: 30 March – 18 April, 2016.
- Conduct of the competition: 23 and 24 April, 2016.
Should you have any inquiries regarding the NBG i-bank #fintech crowdhackathon, please contact us through the inquiry form on the website http://crowdhackathon.com/fintech/ or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/442286412636188/